Companies often come up with new policies or change the existing policy for the welfare of all those employees want to stay organized. These changes depend on the various requirements or any arising situation. With time, every organization needs to notify employees of the change in any existing policy or introduction of policy update communication sample. Your employees are likely to accept the changes in the policy if they understand them well.
A Policy change letter can be used to inform the employees of the change in policy which will include all the necessary information that will help them understand the changes well.
What is a Policy Change Letter?
Policy change letter is such a letter written to the employees to inform them of SOPs, any new changes, exit clause , improvisations in the company’s policy. This letter is important as it informs the employees about new disciplinary rules that are to be adhered by them in the future.
Always remember to mention in the letter that the changes in the company policy are for the well being and growth of the employees and the organization.
If you’ve done any changes in your company policy and want to inform your employees of the same, you can get the sample email to employees about policy on the UBS HRMS Software. However, if you want to know how to write sample letter, this blog will help you with the same.
Tips to write a Letter Notifying Policy Changes
- Make sure to be transparent with your changes. Mention them. Changes in the company policy are to be written appropriately and briefly in order to avoid any confusion or query in the employees. This is important if you want your changes to be implemented properly by all the work dear employees and the members of the company.
- Always apologize if you know that your changes are going to cause any inconvenience to the employees or the members. For example, if you have increased the company time from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm, make sure to apologize as there may be some employees who travel a long distance and may take a longer time reaching back home.
- Summarize the new policy immediately without getting stuck into the minute details and also include the effective dates of the policy being implemented. For example: if you want to change leave policy then you need to prepare leave policy announcement email sample, and make annoucement from when it will be implemented.
- Use a positive and hopeful tone in the letter that will make them feel that the changes are in their favor. Giving sufficient knowledge helps the employees accept changes easily.
How to Write a Change in Policy Letter – Guidelines
These kinds of letters are written in a certain format. If you want to write a change in policy letter, the following guidelines will help you draft a proper and effective letter:
- In the letter, announce the new policy or changes in the existing policy. Describe the reason in detail for changing the policy or implementing any new one. Also, mention the benefits of this policy for the employees as well as for the company. Doing this will help the employees respond in an optimistic way if they find that the policy is in their best interest.
- Make an announcement about the change or new policy. Briefly explain what it is.
- Explain the reason for this change and also explain the benefits of this letter for the company and its employees.
- Express your gratitude for their cooperation. Offer to address the queries, if any.
Change in Policy Letter Format
Change in Policy Letter Example
Generating multiple HR letters has never been easier. UBS’ easy-to-use HR Toolkit helps you generate multiple letters in real-time with just a few details. It offers you various HR letters, forms, policies, and job descriptions.
UBS HRMS Software India helps you with easier onboarding and smoothens your HR operations. The best part is that you can edit the HR documents live on the platform itself. The UBS HRMS Software allows you to easily and quickly edit and generate the letters with no hustle. Apart from documentation, UBS allows you to manage your overall employee lifecycle.
Draft, print, and generate your policy change letters and other documents through UBS HR Toolkit and automated HRMS software.
Start immediately to eliminate manual labor and double productivity.
Read Realted Articles:
Request Denial Letter – Format, Meaning, Need, , Examples, and More
Demotion Letter – Format, Meaning, Samples, Examples and More
Employee Query Letter – Format, Meaning, Tips, and Examples
Bonus Announcement Letter – Format, Meaning, Tips, Examples, and More
Retirement Announcement Letter – Format, Meaning, Tips, Examples, and More
Employee Termination Letter – Create One Easily with UBS
Branch Transfer Letter – Format, Meaning, Purpose, Mistakes, Examples, and More
Relieving Letter – Format, Definition, Importance, Example, and More
Address Proof Letter – Format, Definition, Uses, Sample, Examples, and More
Inter Department Transfer Letter – Meaning, Format, Examples, and More
What is a Re-Designation Letter? How is it Used?