What is an ESI Card?
ESI Card also known as ESI Pehchan Card as well, is a health card given to the employee under the ESI scheme. Under this scheme, the employee can use medical and cash benefits for their family relatives.
A temporary ESI card is issued to the employee by the employer and the employee needs to go to the ESIC branch to get the permanent ESI card.
Details In ESI Card:
- Employee’s Name
- Father Or Guardian Name
- Photograph Of Insured And Dependents
- Insurance Number
- Other Necessary Details
Advantages Of ESI Card:
- Employees can get insurance coverage for the medical expenses of the insured person/beneficiaries and their dependents.
- ESI card is a smart identity magnetic card, provided to the insured and dependents of his or her.
- When the dependents reside in another town, they will use the ESI card of the insured person at the ESI hospitals to avail medical facilities/benefits.
- However, the employee needs to produce a physical copy of the ESI card to avail of the medical facilities at the hospitals.
Also, See: Employees Provident fund organization